Wednesday 5 March 2014

The One With The Endorphin



Well, I did it. I survived a whole day without Facebook and I went to the gym. I have picked up my phone to check Facebook more times than I can count today but luckily I deleted it from said phone so that I wouldn't cave. It made me realise how many times I feel the need to post something that has no real impact on life. I'm slightly ashamed of how many times updating my status crossed my mind. However, it didn't flit through my brain once whilst I was at the gym, so maybe I'm on to something here.

The gym was really not that bad. At first, it was a little weird because it was full of men with tiny legs and massive shoulders. So many that I actually began to wonder if my body is on upside down and my parents never told me because there is no cure. Anyway, the first two minutes were quite awful. I turn red very easily as it is but apparently when I exercise I sport the lobster look to the extreme. At one point I thought the guy next to me was really concerned about it but then I realised he was just looking at me funny because although I was running with my headphones in, my music was actually playing out loud. Note to self: plug them in. Then a really crazy thing happened. I started to enjoy it. I was running and everything. I knew I had the ability to run after Kevin the cat chased me home from the bus stop the other night but I actually really liked the treadmill. I think I got an endorphin. I can't be sure but it was like an amped up version of how I felt when I ate a whole Easter egg for lunch earlier, without the guilt that followed. Amazing.

After I got bored of running without getting anywhere my personal trainer took me to try out some weights. I say personal trainer; it was my dad, but whatever. He showed me how to lift without dropping the weights on my face and he kept saying really supportive things like "Don't kill yourself!" and "Stop worrying about your boobs".

The plan was to go again tomorrow but I just washed my hair and I hate to waste a blow-dry so we will have to see. On a side note, washing my hair was extremely difficult as I couldn't really lift my arms. I took that as an indication that I'm muscly now so I probably could grant myself a rest day after all.

So there we have it. I swapped my favourite activity for my least favourite activity and I feel a lot better because of it. I don't know if this means I'm a gym person now. I mean, I don't even have an ab yet. I might have an ab by the end of the week though, if I give up the Easter eggs for lunch.

As ever,

Becca Biscuit

No comments:

Post a Comment